The Avenue is located in the grounds of Rob Hales’s own home. It was dug in the late 17th Century as a pool to provide ice for the ice house. In 2007 permission was granted to extend The Avenue, major excavation and landscaping was undertaken to create the wonderful 10.2 acre lake that is now The Avenue. The Avenue operates as a syndicate only.
The Lake and Fish
The lake is home to in excess of 6 x 50lb plus fish residing in there, there is 140 fish in here with 75% of the fish being over 30lb, we have records of over 34 fish in excess of 40lb with a lake record of 71.04lb which is the biggest carp in england as of January 2017.
The objective of the Avenue remains the same growing the carp as big as possible, we have already de-stocked 70 fish to make sure the biggest fish always have plenty of room to maximise their growth potential, and we will keep de-stocking in the future.
1. 2 rod limit only
2. Gates MUST be closed immediately at all times
3. 5mph speed limit up Avenue Drive please
4. Cars can only be parked on main car park
5. When using the syndicate 4x4 and trailer you can only travel on the outer track by the swim name, and return to the car park lock it up and hang the keys back in the tree
6. a. A maximum of 48hrs per session applies if you fish every week
b. 72hr sessions are permitted if you only visit the fishery twice per month
c. You can only visit the fishery once per week, even if you only stay for 10hrs
7. The cabin, toilets and showers are provided for your comfort, please ensure you leave them clean and tidy
8. Same applies to the barbeque, please leave it clean and tidy
9. No shoes in the cabin please, slippers are provided
10. No smoking in the cabin or shower block
11. You can only arrive at the lake, or leave the lake in the hours of daylight
12. Never leave rods unattended, you can visit the swim either side of yours whilst fishing (no further)
13. Always respect other anglers fishing and do not cast into their water
14. The middle bar is the distance limit from both side banks
15. No boats allowed of any kind
16. Bank side plants/trees: Please respect then and DO NOT cut them back
17. Fences: Do not touch or lean anything against the outer fence
18. Please keep to stone paths, so grass doesn’t turn to mud
19. LITTER: I don’t want to find any litter or tea bags and cigarette butts are my pet hate
20. Safe rigs only please
21. Avoid low diameter braid hooklinks that will cut the carps mouth
22. No braided reel line (spod/marker ok)
23. Barbed and micro barbed hooks only (no barbless)
The Avenue boasts five star facilities which include a luxury log cabin that features:
- Power shower
- Fully fitted kitchen
- TV room
- Bait chest freezer
- Together with a separate toilet and shower block at the opposite end of the lake.
Apply in writing to:
Add details about where you fished in recent years, you will receive a confirmation letter by return to inform you that you are on the waiting list.